How Much Can a 2020 Ram 1500 Tow?
Well, the light-duty Ram 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 12,750 pounds. The Ram 1500 towing capacity also has the Best-in-Class V8 engine towing capabilities. If you’re a Lakewood Ranch driver still asking, “How much can a Ram 1500 tow?” As you consider your engine options, read Firkins CDJR ‘s guide below!
RAM 1500 Engines
This all-new Ram truck offers four unique engine options that range in performance levels and various Ram 1500 towing capacity weights. The standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission comes with each trim. The payload capacity ranges from 2,100 pounds to 2,300 pounds. You no longer have to ask “How much can a Ram 1500 tow?” As Firkins CDJR has gathered the latest specs below for your convenience:
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine: Highest diesel tow rating in its class, generates 480 lb-ft of torque, 260 hp, and tows up to 12,560 pounds.
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I: generates 269 lb-ft of torque, 305 hp, with a max tow capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine: generates up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine: generates the same specs above but it can tow up to 12, 750 pounds.
RAM 1500 Towing Features
The Ram 1500 towing capacity is just as important as the advanced towing features that upgrade your daily hauling around St. Petersburg. The new Ram 1500 offers Sarasota drivers peace of mind when they’re carrying a heavy load. Discover the features below:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This particular transmission works with the hybrid eTorque system to help the fuel efficiency earn 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Multi-Function Tailgate:The tailgate is a 60/40 split gate which allows drivers more access to the bed and increases handling of loads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection:The system instantly captures your trailer length and watches your blind spots.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The 14.9-inch brakes increases stopping power on all terrains.
Visit us at Firkins CDJR Today!
To learn more about the Ram 1500 towing capacity or why Ram trucks are the best truck brand, experience it in person at Firkins CDJR! Feel free to ask us about the Ram 1500 truck bed cover options too. Be sure to read our car buying tips before contacting us to set up an appointment!
More From Firkins CDJR
Investing in a vehicle is a significant purchase. If you purchase a car, you want to take excellent care of it. Doing so can actually extend its lifespan, allowing you to get more for your money. Did you know oil changes help prolong the life of your vehicle? To learn more, read on. Oil in…
Replacing the tires on your vehicle is important. Even though it is expensive, replacing your tires can improve the safety of your vehicle. There are also other advantages to getting new tires, so keep reading to learn more. Of course, safety is the top benefit of replacing your tires. A new set of tires can…
We had a look at the 2020 Chrysler Pacifica and it’s minivan capabilities. Here is a list of what we discovered at Firkins CDJR: Coverage: Maintenance and Warranty. Efficiency in fuel. Efficiency in cargo capacity. Comfortability. We will touch on each of them in the next few paragraphs because we would like you to have…